Saturday, February 09, 2008

"Something I'll never be able to perfect"

Dig the initials.  Dig the shamrock.
It just says Keifus, 35-year old Hawaiian organ donor
For Christmas, my parents gave me a photo album documenting the process of creating the "Keifus" mandolin. I wish they had a better feel for those modern, digital, cameras, because the blurs and the thumbprints detract a little from the representation of the whole creative experience. As brilliant as the old man may be--and he is--it's still a little more comfortable to give up the goods (and the faces) behind the process to some tech-savvy strangers.

Here's one dude going through the closing steps of gluing the faces to the sides, doing the finish, and providing some requisite 21st century nattering. Enjoy...

2 comments:

twiffer said...

the mandolin is great. but looking at the picture of you makes me feel drunk.

Keifus said...

Drunk, you say... That's actually quite a coincidence. The photo looked perfectly focused when I snapped it.