Friday, January 26, 2007

Bad Music to Study to

Riffing on an august-style groove here. Hope he doesn't mind. Music can move you, but it can be anti-inspirational too. Here are some bad ones for academics:

1. "Can't Explain" by the Who
I know what it means, but...

2. "Sober" by Tool*
I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile

3. "Can't Even Tell" by Soul Asylum
I know you want to know if it's real [it's not]

4. "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2**
[better find it quick!]

5. "Night Train" by Guns n Roses
ready to crash and burn, I never learn


*Dawn: I neither love nor hate them.
**Also, what's with the sentences ending in prepositions?

4 comments:

hipparchia said...

i can hear it now: stillllll haven't fooooooound / that for which i'm lookiiiiiiiiiiing

fdjwdv: fudge widgets will prevail
raiaf: [dunno; something about biafra?]

Keifus said...

that would be slightly better music by which to study, for sure.

(that, or it's raining afros.)

K

august said...

I defended yesterday. You summed up my experience very well.

Of course I don't mind. I'm grateful for the link.

Keifus said...

Dare I say it?

Congratulations, Doctor.